Question:
What TV show was Chuck Mangione's "Feels So Good" the theme song for?
armybrat
2006-07-24 23:28:56 UTC
I just heard a friend listening to this song, and am almost positive it was a television theme song! I know it wasn't "Hill Street Blues". Anyone have a clue?
Eight answers:
-:¦:-SKY-:¦:-
2006-07-25 16:47:26 UTC
Chuck Mangione (born November 29, 1940) is a flugelhorn player and composer who achieved international success with his jazz-pop single, "Feels So Good", in 1977. He has released more than 30 albums from the early 1960s to today.

Born and raised in Rochester, New York, Mangione and his pianist brother Gap led the Jazz Brothers group which recorded three albums for Riverside Records. He attended the Eastman School of Music from 1958 to 1963, and afterwards joined Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers, for which he filled the trumpet seat, previously been held by greats such as Clifford Brown, Kenny Dorham, Bill Hardman, and Lee Morgan. Mangione served as director of the Eastman jazz ensemble from 1968 until 1972 and in 1970 he returned to recording with the album Friends and Love, recorded in concert with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra and numerous guest performers. His quartet with saxophonist Gerry Niewood was a popular concert and recording act during the early 1970s.

Mangione's "Chase the Clouds Away" was used in the 1976 Olympic Games and "Give It All You Got" was the theme to the Winter Olympic Games of 1980, held in Lake Placid, New York. He performed live at the closing ceremonies, which were televised globally. A 1980 issue of Current Biography called "Feels So Good" the most recognized tune since "Michelle" by The Beatles. Recently, smooth jazz stations throughout the United States have recognized Mangione's "Feels So Good" as their all-time number one song. He raised over $50,000 for St. John's Nursing Home at his 60th Birthday Bash Concert, held at Eastman Theater in Rochester, New York.

He also has a recurring role on the animated television series on Fox called King of the Hill, portraying himself as a celebrity spokesman for Mega Lo Mart. The first episode of King of the Hill featuring Chuck Mangione originally aired on Valentine's Day 1998. The episode featured an original score specifically recorded for the occasion.
mccalman
2016-09-30 12:03:40 UTC
Chuck Mangione Songs
2015-08-06 06:23:27 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

george
2006-07-24 23:43:49 UTC
I hate to say it, but I don't think "Feel So Good" was ever a TV theme. It was on the soundtrack for the movie "Fargo", and the song was played just about everywhere when it first came out 1977. One of the few jazz songs to hit it big on the pop charts. I'm sure it's been used in the background for quite a few TV shows over the years, but I don't recall it ever being a theme song.
Melanie
2016-03-29 13:02:58 UTC
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/WlgGV

It doesn't seem to have been an official theme song to a show but according to wikipedia, it's the second most recognised song after "Michelle" by the Beatles. I don't remember the name of the Hill Street Blues theme but it was written and performed by Mike Post (my friend used it for her gymnastics floor routine...I heard it every day at practice, over and over!!)
Claud
2016-10-11 01:26:31 UTC
I know the exact answer to this question, having lived around the Rochester, NY answer for many years. I actually found the answer to this question from the opposite direction by actually hearing this song on iHeart radio. It was used as the theme song for the Eddie Meath Telethon that was a local telethon in the Rochester area for many years dating back to 1963. It was officially called the Ed Meath TV-10 Children’s Christmas Fund.
The Q-mann
2006-07-24 23:42:01 UTC
They use it a lot in King of the Hill, but not as the theme song.
Hargis P
2015-07-04 19:19:09 UTC
It was used as a Theme song, but I can t remember which show.