Question:
Why did the 80's rock group Husker Dü breakup?
thincvox
2005-11-23 22:17:52 UTC
Why did the 80's rock group Husker Dü breakup?
Three answers:
Dana
2005-11-24 00:03:46 UTC
Drugs, it seemed like to me. I saw one of their shows right towards the end, and Grant seemed pretty f*ckd up... not sure about Bob. The rumor certainly was around drugs. Also, Grant supposedly chafed under Bob's control, so wanted to get out on his own.

Heard from someone who talked with Bob for a while couple summers ago that Husker Du could reunite and make a lot of money on the reunion concert circuit, but they can't stand each other *still* so they won't do it.
lmkuta
2005-11-29 12:52:57 UTC
For additional info and a generally interesting read, check out Michael Azerrad's Our Band Could Be Your Life.
kitkat
2005-11-25 13:53:13 UTC
According to Wikipedia and Rollingstone, musical incompatibility, irreconcilable personal differences and drugs are the causes of the breakup.