Question:
Since the 1950s, what songs have been hits in the United States that were sung in French (at least 25% French)
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Since the 1950s, what songs have been hits in the United States that were sung in French (at least 25% French)
Two answers:
Dan
2005-12-08 17:44:36 UTC
When I was in college, a French punk rock song called "Ça Gaze Pour Moi" was popular at parties, but I wouldn't call it a hit.

The Beatles' song "Michelle" had one verse sung in French, but that probably doesn't make 25%...
2005-12-08 12:59:56 UTC
"Dominique" by the Singing Nun which hit #1 in 1963 is the only one that I'm aware of.