Question:
Can anyone think of songs about evolution/Charles Darwin?
Richard H
2005-12-09 08:27:21 UTC
I can only think of Dylan's 'High Water'.
Two answers:
2005-12-09 11:17:41 UTC
wow...I can't believe it, but YES..there are.

Torn Rubbers, the obscure Scottish bard has a song about Darwin. Also, Scottish singer John Young has a song about Darwin. Lastly, the band R.E.M mention Darwin in their song "Man on the Moon" from their album Automatic for the People (1992). The lyrics say, "Mister Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Hope this helps!
2005-12-09 09:30:26 UTC
Bruce Springsteen

Part Man / Part Monkey

The song contains references to the Scopes Trial (which was about the teaching of evolution in public schools), but hey, close enough.