Question:
What is emo?
kitkat
2005-11-08 10:00:03 UTC
What is emo?
Two answers:
2005-11-14 10:14:04 UTC
Emo is a genre of music, as well as a lifestyle. It is most popular in the 14-19 age group. The music is generally about a boy who is either angry, depressed, or crying over an ex-girlfriend who supposedely ruined his life. The style of clothing associated with this scene involves: tight jeans, sneakers, a shirt that means nothing (i.e. a construction company), and hair that is long and matted down to the head. Eyeliner is also common for boys. Examples include: Story of the Year, Yellowcard, My Chemical Romance, Brand New, Thursday, and others.
dtp
2005-11-08 19:02:53 UTC
Emo is short for Emotional...as is Emotional Hardcore. According to Wikipedia it's a sub-genre of punk rock.

Some bands that fit into this genre include: Husker du, Rites of Spring, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Used, and My Chemical Romance.

Happy listening.