Question:
Will Internet radio be extinct in a few weeks ??
Satrohraj
2007-03-24 04:36:23 UTC
Do you think, internet radio will be gone in a few weeks?
---
Really, internet radio is a part of my daily routine..
I always listen to it..
I use internet because of internet radio..
---
Will the internet radio be extinct?
Eight answers:
christopher_thelen
2007-03-24 05:26:25 UTC
Working for a low-power FM station who streams online, I really hope not. The royalty schedules that are being proposed would not only kill independent streams (many of which are operated for the sheer love of music), but would cause your big-market stations to seriously consider whether it was cost-effective to continue streaming their signals.

My thought is: there has to be a happy medium somewhere in this whole mess (though I admit I don't have the answer to the problem). The publishing companies need to realize that Internet radio often can be the key that opens the door for a smaller-market artist who wouldn't have an initial prayer of making it onto one of the uber-stations (that is, without a significant payola check at the ready). Modern-day commercial cookie-cutter radio is boring, IMHO. (The station I'm at, BTW, is hardly cookie-cutter.)

If the publishing companies and the labels are smart (something which I think they're definitely NOT), they'll figure out a way to work with Internet radio to keep the royalty fees low. Hopefully someone slaps them awake so they realize Internet radio is helping, not hurting, their artists, and the initial impact on their bottom-line is minimal.
2007-03-24 11:42:01 UTC
No.

Podcasts are becoming more and more popular, so Radio on the internet is here to stay.
Richard H
2007-03-24 20:07:34 UTC
check out http://launch.yahoo.com - you can build a completely customized radio station there, and your login ID and password from here would be the same as your login there. The article you linked to is full of crap.
tvictor100
2007-03-24 11:42:44 UTC
i dont think so i also listen to internet radio all the time....there are crappier things out there on the net but they are still up and running.....
Jazz Jumpstart
2007-03-24 11:41:52 UTC
No! What makes you think that?

It's nice to have radio on your computer, and a big plus when you can customize your own station!!!

Check out: http://pandora.com and http://music.yahoo.com
Uncle B2
2007-03-24 11:54:13 UTC
no, public radio will always stream on the net, always.
2007-03-24 11:40:28 UTC
I don't see why. Rippyfest.com won't be extinct. I listen to it every day.
LadyCatherine
2007-03-24 11:44:05 UTC
My mom once said to me " a station that just plays video's,? It will never last."