Question:
does any one know any good punk rock band that are very good i'm trying to make a cd that punk rock good one
george_wink2005
2007-01-07 00:30:05 UTC
i'm trying to make a punk rock cd and i need some help does anyone know any good punk rock band that are very good and that good punk rock give me the artists names and the best songs by them i need alot of answer to this question
Six answers:
Matt H
2007-01-07 00:33:07 UTC
The rammones
Drive By Fruiting
2007-01-07 09:00:24 UTC
The Original forefathers of punk will always be the best, but a history of punk cannot be denied with a reference to 60's/70's garage rock like MC5, The Stooges to bands like The Ramones, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Chelsea, Stiff L:ittle Fingers, The Buzzcocks, The Voidvods, The Slits, Siouxsie and The Banchees, Generation X, amongst many others

Then Second Wave Punk was always very exciting (around 1977) when many of the bands above first broke through, but at this time the US scene became even more seminal with bands like Black Flag, The Misfits, Wire and Crass.

Post- Punk Followed and this introduced The Fall, Throbbing Gistle, Gang of Four, Television, XTC etc etc

Hardcore Punk greats: Bad Brains, Social Distortion, The Replacements, Dead Kennedies, The Germs, Minor Threat, Husker Du, Agnostic Front and Sick of It All.

My least favourite but still important OI punk is best known through Sham 69, The Exploited and the like

While it's mostly hardcore/punk bands now, pop-punk was the biggest of the nineties many influenced by the above e.g. The Offspring, Green Day, Rancid, Less Than Jake, Bouncing Souls etc etc.

Hope it's a good compiliation
?only?me?
2007-01-07 08:50:57 UTC
Bad Religion- Going for a walk

The Ramones

Dead milkmen

Dead kennedys

Sex Pistols

Social Distortion

Drop Kick Murphys
Erin77
2007-01-09 16:34:26 UTC
FEAR - Living in the City

Smut Peddlers - F You

T.S.O.L. - Code Blue

D.I. - Johnny's got a Problem

Misfits - Devillock

Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer

Dr. Know - Fist F

Germs - Lexicon Devil

Johnny Thunders - Born to Lose
Aaron
2007-01-07 08:40:59 UTC
if you want real punk, stay away from what today's radio stations call punk. the best punk came out of the '70's and early '80's. groups such as the rammones, sex pistols, new york dolls, the damned, the clash, social distortion, dead kennedys. these are just a small few.
nodumgys
2007-01-07 08:47:53 UTC
just off the top of my head my pesonal favorites are-

the addicts - love sucks

the misfits - horror buisness or helena

DOA - war

social distrotion - most of the tracks off 'mommys little monster

the stooges - i wanna be your dog

the cramps - i dont think it matters much which song you pick

bad religion - 21st century digital boy or anastasia

bad brains - sacred love

the ramones - i wanna be your boyfriend or i wanna live

the circle jerks - pablo picaso

suicidal tendencies - hate you better, which way to free and lovely