Question:
I'm searching for a song from back during WWII. Save that Waltz for Me, Dear....?
sandagal
2006-07-05 13:47:31 UTC
I'm staying with an elderly lady who has no children. She and her husband of 63 years were married and soon were parted by WWII.. She said that "their Song" was something like " Save that Waltz for me,Dear". I think it was by Benny Goodman and his band. Any help to find the lyrics and music for this song for this dear lady would be so much appreciated.... It, perhaps, could be played/sung at her funeral when time comes...
Three answers:
2006-07-05 14:09:56 UTC
Hmmmm.....

There's "Save the Last Waltz for Me" by Leon Berry as found on his "Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2". That would be the first link.

Then there is "Save the Last Dance for Me" by The Drifters as found on their "Save the Last Dance for Me/The Good Life With the Drifters" cd. That's the second link.

Benny Goodman was swing so I can't really imagine anything of his music having anything to do with waltz's. I would suggest you head over to amazon where you can listen to short pieces of both songs.

One last thought. Save the Last Dance for Me was recorded in the late 50's whereas Leon Berry lives 1908-1941 so it seems more than likely that this would be the song.
twoBITrox
2006-07-05 21:31:16 UTC
Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2 Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2 Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2 Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

July 05, 2006 | Check out ARTISTdirect's latest creation: a widgethome | newsletter | RSS | widgets | help | cart

Home > New Age > Leon Berry

Browse artists: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

Leon Berry : Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

albums listen/watch links

U.S. Releases | Compilations & Boxed Sets

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

11/14/2000

Sorry, this product is not available.

Submit your review!

Track Listing | Credits | Similar Albums

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

Subscribe to ARTISTDirect Newsletter Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

giant wurlitzer pipe organ, vol. 2 - track listing

track# song name track time

1 Syncopated Clock (2:25)

2 Save the Last Waltz for Me (2:49)

3 Tango Of The Drums (3:12)

4 Boulevard of Broken Dreams (3:31)

5 No Other Love (3:19)

6 I Hear You Knockin' (3:05)

7 College Medley (5:12)

8 3 O'Clock In The Morning (2:59)

9 Squeeze Me (2:54)

10 Night Wind (3:17)

11 Beautiful Ohio (2:02)

12 Louise (2:46)

giant wurlitzer pipe organ, vol. 2 - album credits

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2 Leon Berry Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2 Main Performer

Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2 Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2 Giant Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, Vol. 2

Network Login | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Us | Shopping Account | Terms of Use | To Advertise | Copyright Policy | Sitemap

ARTISTdirect © 1997 - 2006 ARTISTdirect, Inc. All Rights Reserved

ARTISTdirect is a federally registered service mark of ARTISTdirect, Inc. The "A with the arrow logo" is a service mark of ARTISTdirect, Inc.
banananose_89117
2006-07-05 20:52:01 UTC
Call your local radio station that plays the Oldies. Or go to a local music store and ask for him in the Big Band era?

That is very special for you to find the music this lady loves.